Monday, May 11, 2009

Hornbillcity past...and future

Remember this?


(Taken from the Club's 'old' web site http://hornbillcity.cdc.net.my/index.htm)

It sure does bring back memories doesn't it?

When I first joined Hornbillcity, I quickly learnt that Toastmasters is not just about opening and closing your mouth. I met - and am still continuing to meet - fantastic people from myriad backgrounds. The friendship, encouragement and camaraderie of the members is a super bonus.
We are talking about a large pool of diverse knowledge, expertise and experience. I heard and learnt from speeches about the tax system, how to make a salad sauce and why a deaf frog is able to make his way to the top of the KL tower.

What a great learning environment it is for my Toastmasters journey (and hopefully for you as well)! Not least, I met and made many many wonderful friends along the way.

Still nervous about joining Toastmasters?

Why not give us a try? The friendly and 'informal' atmosphere at our training meetings will get you relaxed in no time.

No comments: